by Thom Rainer, “One Key Reason Many Churches Are Fighting Attendance Declines,” 12/13/19.
We hear more and more about attendance frequency becoming a pain point for many churches. After over a decade of having this conversation, Thom and Sam discuss the one key reason many churches are still fighting attendance declines.
- Revisiting the Concept of Attendance Frequency
- The Priority/Expectations Factor
- The Weekend Worker Demographic
- The Focus on Us Instead of Them
- Groups, groups, groups
- For the church to exist it must gather.
- One of three people in the U.S. workforce is unable to attend a Sunday morning service due to a work conflict.
- The gig and entrepreneurial economy are having an impact on church attendance.
- Personal preferences always kill priorities.
- Group involvement can have a huge impact on church frequency.
Listen to the podcast here: https://thomrainer.com/2019/12/one-key-reason-many-churches-are-fighting-attendance-declines-update/