by Peter Economy, Inc. Magazine, 1/11/19.
…According to Doodle’s 2019 State of Meetings report, the cost of poorly organized meetings in 2019 will reach $399 billion in the U.S. and $58 billion in the U.K. This is almost half a trillion dollars for these two countries alone — a tremendous drag on the effectiveness of businesses.
And what are some of the consequences for employees who suffer through poorly organized meetings? According to the report, respondents most often cited:
- Poorly organized meetings mean I don’t have enough time to do the rest of my work (44%)
- Unclear actions lead to confusion (43%)
- Bad organization results in a loss of focus on projects (38%)
- Irrelevant attendees slow progress (31%)
- Inefficient processes weaken client/supplier relationships (26%)
- Set clear objectives for your meeting
- Have a clear agenda
- Don’t have too many people in the room
- Use visual stimulus such as videos and presentations
Read more at … https://www.inc.com/peter-economy/a-new-study-of-19000000-meetings-reveals-that-meetings-waste-more-time-than-ever-but-there-is-a-solution.html