Commentary by Dr. Whitesel: In my coaching of church leaders, pastors and denominational leaders I ask them to look over the following questions and ask me one at each coaching session.
By Forbes Magazine Coaching Panel, 11/25/19.
1. Can you help me identify my blind spots?
2. Where are my areas of opportunity?
3. What is holding me back from my next level?
4. How can I make better decisions?
5. Which skill should I focus on?
6. How can I help you?
7. What’s the most important leadership lesson you’ve learned?
8. Who else should I speak to?
9. What are my end goals?
10. When I look in the mirror, how should I react to myself?
11. Who coaches or mentors you?
12. What might not work in our coaching relationship?
13. What would you do if you were me?
14. What are you noticing about me?
15. Ask them your most ‘burning’ question.