- Acknowledge your need. You cannot reach God by your own efforts or your own good living. Read Romans 3:23.
- 23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.
- Be willing to turn from bad actions (i.e. sin). Repentance involves unconditional surrender of your life to the control of Jesus Christ. Read Romans 6:12 – 14.
- 12 Do not let sin control the way you live;[a] do not give in to sinful desires. 13 Do not let any part of your body become an instrument of evil to serve sin. Instead, give yourselves completely to God, for you were dead, but now you have new life. So use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God.14 Sin is no longer your master, for you no longer live under the requirements of the law. Instead, you live under the freedom of God’s grace.
- Know that God loves you. God is seeking you. He demonstrated his love on the cross. Read John 3:16.
- 16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave[a] his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
- Believe that Jesus Christ paid the penalty of your sin. Christ is the only way to God. His death on the cross accomplish what you cannot do for yourself. Read John 14:6 and Acts 4:12.
- 6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
- 12 There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.”
- Invite Jesus Christ is enter and control your life. Through prayer, receive Him as Savior and Lord. Read John 1:12 and Revelation 3:20.
- 12 But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.
- 20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.
Dear God, I confess I am a sinner. I now turn from my sinful ways believing that Jesus Christ died to bear the judgment of my rebellion. I ask Him to forgive me, save me and control me as I promised to follow Him.
The Free Bible Literature Society. Hawthorne, New Jersey, n.d. The above scriptures are from the New Living Translation (NLT).
four spiritual laws Romans road steps to peace with God