by Morgan Lee, How 727 Megachurches Spend Their Money, Christianity Today, 11/12/14.
According to the 2014 edition of the Large Church Salary Report…
- the typical large American church (1,000 to 7,000 members)
- was founded in 1977,
- seats 800 worshipers,
- and offers five weekly services at two campuses.
- The church’s 52-year-old senior pastor was hired in 2005,
- it employs 25 staff members,
- and attendance has been recently growing 7 percent per year.
And check out the Leadership Network’s research on megachurches here …