by Bob Whitesel D.Min., Ph.D. 11/8/15.
This is part of my continuing study of multiplication strategies. Here I add another list of characteristics in my study of multisite churches in Chicago.
Update on #MultiSite Tour of Chicago: still suffer from hospitality issues, but venues are more intimate & less polished (=more organic)
#MultiSite Tour of Chicago: good motto – “one church, six neighborhoods.”
#MultiSite Tour of Chicago: new sites are sponsored/launched by nearby site: creates localized coaching.
#MultiSite Tour of Chicago: (millennial creativity) “Text Message to __#___ to receive newcomer info.”
#MultiSite Tour of Chicago: Six (6) commonalities =
- pared down stage setting,
- no stage/house lighting effects = organic, probably due to rental space
- 7-10 minutes greeting between worship & Word. More fellowship time than boomers.
- sites multiethnic, not multicultural but neighborhood-based e.g. Rogers Park =Young Professionals
- smaller auditoriums (<250) create fellowship via #DunbarNumber
- commonalities= Multisite strategy popular w/ church denominations w/ weak denominational network (e.g. So. Bap.)