“An evaluation of conceptual weaknesses in transformational and charismatic leadership theories,” by Gary Yukl, The Leadership Quarterly, Summer 1999, Vol.10(2):285–305, doi:10.1016/S1048-9843(99)00013-2
Yukl (1994) summarizes (TM):[4
- Develop a challenging and attractive vision, together with the employees.
- Tie the vision to a strategy for its achievement.
- Develop the vision, specify and translate it to actions.
- Express confidence, decisiveness and optimism about the vision and its implementation.
- Realize the vision through small planned steps and small successes in the path for its full implementation.